Yocaher Longboards Review
Yocaher is a name that pops up every time you are talking about the best Longboard brands.
The Chino, the California-based company, was started way back in 1975. It would not be wrong to say that they have been an integral part of the evolution of longboards.
As such, Yocaher Longboards Brands has a long history of making good quality products because they wouldn’t have survived for so long. Their longboards are best known for being cost effective yet practical. The products are invariably of a high quality despite the reasonable price. It is for this reason that you should definitely give them a look when buying your first longboard.
Our Pick: Top Best Yocaher Longboard 2016
1. Punked Lowrider Drop down through Longboard Complete skateboard
Reason to buy the Yocaher Punked Lowrider Longboard
- With a brand as old as Yocaher, you can’t go much wrong. They have been around for decades and there’s a reason for that.
- For the price that you pay, it is a totally bang for the buck product. There are not many parts of the board that you can complain about.
- The dimensions of the longboard are5 inches wide and 40.75 inches long. This makes it one of the shorter longboards around.
- The 70mm wheels are on the smaller side, hence may be a hindrance for high speeds.
- The bearing is ABEC 7 rated and hence should be good enough, but that is not the only parameter to judge bearing performance in a longboard. Ceramic is a dream, though, as these are chrome bearings.
- The trucks are HD7 and are made of aluminum Hence, you can be assured of their reliability.
- In addition to all these features, the deck comes fitted with Black Widow Black grip tape.
- The board comes pre-configured with 8mm plastic risers that ensure no wheel bit erodes your deck.
- The board rides very smooth and is stable up to moderate speeds.
- Turning the board may be a hard task thanks to the inexpensive components like bushings and bearings.
1. Who is this board suited for?
Beginners would absolutely love the simplicity of this board. It’s easy to ride, smooth and stable.
2. What is the best part of this board?
It is an overall good board. For the price, though, you get incredibly great grip tape that none of the competition offer.
3. What is the shortcoming of this board?
The Yocaher Punked Lowrider has only one failing: the bearings. If you want the optimum performance from this board, get yourself some good aftermarket bearings and bushings.
2. Yocaher New Complete Longboard Kicktail
Reasons to buy the Yocaher New Complete Longboard Kicktail
- The ride quality remains uniformly comfortable no matter where you ride it. However, there might be some wobbles and bumps at extremely high speeds.
The quality of components:
- Though some parts can do with minor improvements. At this price, however, what more can you ask for.
- It is inspired by the retro 70s design when Longboards had only just arrived on the scene.
- The dimensions of the board are 9.75 inch in width and 40 inches in length from the nose to the tail.
- Like most Yocaher longboard, this also comes with premium 80A grip tape for rider comfort.
- The bearings are the weak spot as usual and are rated ABEC 5.
- The deck is made up of 7 ply maple wood. The lack of bamboo means any flex is unavailable.
- The deck, however, makes up for some of its shortcomings with a concave through the deck.
- The wheels are an odd 71mm in diameter and are rated 78A on the durometer, thus have a decent grip on offer.
- Risers have also been provided to reduce any wheel bite on the deck.
- This Yocaher New Complete Longboard Kicktail can be used to cruise, carve as well as bomb some moderate hills.
- Even the small potholes, bumps, and even smaller curbs are negotiable thanks to the soft wheels, hangers and risers all working in tandem.
1. Who is this board suited for? Who is this board aimed at?
Beginners would. This board, like most Yocaher boards, is made for beginners.
Can experts use it too?
Yes, but they will need to do a proper overhaul of the longboard to satisfy their longboard thirsty souls.
What are the shortcomings?
The usual suspects: bearings, bushings, and trucks. Also, a better deck would do. Again, the price is prohibitive.
3. Yocaher Drop through complete longboard professional speed skateboard
Reasons to buy the Yocaher Drop through Complete Professional Speed Longboard
- The artwork on its deck is great given the price that you pay for it.
Ease of riding:
- Any novice to longboarding can find their feet with this longboard beneath them. Give it a try!
- The dimensions of the board are 10 inch in width and 40 inches in length. This makes it a sure-footed longboard for the rider.
- The deck is made of a 9 ply maple formation. Hence, the strength is good but expecting any flex would be outlandish.
- The trucks are a HD7 heavy-duty: the standard aluminum alloys that are stable yet not very high performance.
- The wheels are 70mm in diameter and are rated the routine 78A on durometer. Hence, they give nice amount of grip.
- Out of the box, the trucks are screwed tight and are difficult to turn. All you need is a longboard tool to right that wrong.
- The graphics on the deck in itself makes this board worth buying.
- This board may not be suitable to professional tricksters because the trucks and deck are not suited for that purpose.
- It is a good cruiser and can carve nicely too. But you’d be wrong to expect too much out of it.
1. What is the target demographic of this longboard?
The beginners. It is a logical choice given the price point that the Yocaher Longboard is available at. Must add that it is a great choice for a sub 100 bucks longboard.
2. What is the USP of this board?
The affordable price point. Instead of any mechanical qualities, it is the price that attracts the most. Everything else is great for the price.
3. What are its failings?
Not many. Perhaps the bearings. But $20 gets you a good set of bearing to replace the stock ones and enjoy your longboard experience even better.
Finally, with the list of Yocaher longboards above, we hope that it is useful for you.