Why Skateparks Are A Better Place For Longboarding
You may be a beginner with longboards or you may already be a popular pro who can pull off numerous tricks with a swing of his feet. Whatever status you have in the universe of longboarding, there is one thing you can’t deny. Longboarding is not as safe as it should be.
Most people who practice with a longboard or even skateboard for that matter do it on the roads. Roads are full of so many cars and vehicles. There are pedestrians and potholes. There are too many hazards and as a result, there are a considerable number of fatal accidents.
In the United States itself, the infrastructure for all major sports is great. However, Longboard and Skateboard, which are the third most popular sport amongst teenagers, have limited dedicated arenas. The charm is there, but not the facility.
If there were as many skate parks that cater to the budding long boarder, then the injuries would be reduced and it would be a much safer sport to follow.
If not the roads, then kids usually pick parking structures in the after-hours and cause hysteria for the guards on duty. Sometimes they get caught and busted and sometimes they escape. Nevertheless, it is not the ideal situation. It is a problem that has a simple solution: dedicated skate parks.
What to do
There are not many dedicated parks for skateboarding and longboarding, but it is not like there are none. You should try and locate a skate park. Chances are, you will find one if you look sincerely for it. Once you have found it, take your gang skating there and you will never miss the parking that you trespassed into.
Leaked oil and dangerous poles and pillars will not be present. However, the structure would give you all the thrill that you seek.
Take your longboarding to places that are made for longboarding. Stay away from the vehicles and the danger they bring with them. Skate parks are the answer to many longboarding problems.
- Skateboards are safe. Believe it or not, they will reduce the skateboarders from the crowded and bustling streets and put them far from creating any danger to themselves or the vehicles.
- Children will know where to go for their fill of longboarding and will be at a safer place.
- This will also help longboarding and skateboarding grow as sports as well as recreation. Professionals will develop through these grassroots facilities.
- Skateboarding and longboarding are both very healthy activities to pursue. No matter what your age is.
- As a professional skateboarder, you will have access to great facilities to practice and perform. Besides, it is easier to receive first aid and other such facilities in a crowded place. This is usually not possible in far suburbs where we usually go to bomb hills.
- You would meet more people who have the same passion as you do. That works for the benefit of everyone involved.
- With the availability of proper facilities, people who practice there will become better at longboarding. This will aid in the competitions that are organized in similar venues across the globe. The scope and exposure associated with skateboarding and longboarding are increasing with every passing moment. A truly global sport is in the making.
- Special arrangements can be made with Longboard makers to contribute in the construction of such facilities. This way the financial burden can be divided while the companies will be creating the infrastructure that increases their sales.
- With the ever growing number of longboard enthusiasts, it would not be difficult to find financial support to sustain and maintain such facilities.
Beside that, at my blog, we also have many articles to share you all things need to know about longboarding, and the next topic is a Best Longboards For Beginner.
Incoming search terms:
- longboard skate park