Sector 9 Blue Wave Lookout Drop Through Complete Longboard Skateboard Review
When it comes to Longboards, Sector 9 are the undisputed and unrivalled leaders regarding quality and popularity. They can give any other brand a run for their money in whatever category you compare them. Sector 9 Blue Wave lookout drop through Complete Longboard is one such longboard. It is an intermediate longboard regarding the price range and is graced by some pretty sick graphic arts. At 42 inches, it is going to be your perfect outdoor partner.
Benefits & Advantages:
Perfect Pricing: The Pricing of this product is perfect keeping in mind the quality of the components used in this Longboard. Given that you are getting a 5 ply lightweight, sturdy bamboo deck, it is a steal at this price.
Durability: All parts of the board: the deck, the tape, the trucks, the bearings and the wheels will last you several months of extensive usage. There are no issues with the quality of this board in any way.
Strength & Flex: The 5 layer bamboo laminate construction of the deck gives this Sector 9 Wave Lookout drop through longboard a tough one. The bamboo makes this board unyielding and a bit flexible at the same time. It is much better than your $100 boards and it shows.
Maneuvering & Cornering: The wheels are large, measuring 74mm and are rated 78a on the durometer. The trucks and the bearings are all a bit soft to allow for great Carving and commuting without any bumps on the curbs and cracks.
Replaceable Components: The bearings come with ABEC 5 rated lubrication. You will not complain much if you are a beginner, but if you are an advanced user, you will be left wanting. Also, the grip tape can feel a bit on the cheap side of things. Hence, it is these two things that you should seek to replace.
Looks & Styling: The wave graphics art are very attractive to say the least. Also, there are some other graphics available for those who want a different style for their board. Overall the longboard has a slick and smart appearance.
Ride Comfort: The makers of this board at Sector 9 have not left any stone unturned in making this a very comfortable board for its riders. The board has right wheelbase for stability in addition to its drop through design.
- The dimensions of this board are 41.125” X 9.625” (length X breadth). Hence, there is plenty of stability and foothold.
- The 5 layer bamboo is laminated vertically on the outer side. This helps improve lateral grip when carving.
- The board has 31 inches of wheelbase, this helps it remain stable at high speeds. You can also bomb a hill with this board if you like.
- The trucks of this board are just a bit wider than the deck at 10 inches. It is the optimum configuration for high speed and increased stability. The trucks are Gullwing Chargers.
- The board has all the features of a sliding board. You only need is a bit harder wheels to lose some grip for the slides.
- The concave on the deck is perfect and helps improve the rider’s stability over the deck.
- In case you just want to carve, the bearings are great for that and spin very freely.
- The bottom graphic has a sandpaper-like finish, which makes it different from your run of the mill longboard visual
How to Use
- Cruise and Carve with this board out of the box and you will have no problems.
- Go downhill at high speeds with the Sector 9 Wave Lookout Drop Through Complete Longboard and replace by just getting better wheels and tightening your trucks.
- Get proper safety gear including helmet, knee caps, elbow caps as well as sliding gloves.
YOU CAN READ MORE CUSTOMER REVIEWS AT BELOW
The Sector 9 Wave Lookout drop through complete Longboard will leave you thrilled after every ride without any exceptions. If you put in some extra components, you will get even more performance for every dollar you have spent on this board.
A total steal for its price. Carve, Cruise and Bomb hills in style.
Incoming search terms:
- drop through longboard sector 9