Santa Cruz Lion God Rasta Drop Thru Cruzer Freeride Longboard Deck Complete 40” Review
Longboard Enthusiasts are very familiar with the Santa Cruz range of boards. They have a good fan following to say the least. More than anything else, Santa Cruz Longboards are best known for the impressive artwork that goes into making them. Home to the Screaming Hand, Santa Cruz have tried to attract the fans of drop thru boards as well as Bob Marley fanatics with this board.
Benefits & Advantages:
Competitive Pricing: The Santa Cruz Lion God Rasta Drop Thru Cruzer Freeride Longboard is priced very competitively considering the specs that it offers. The art on it is itself a total value for the money you’ll be paying.
Longevity: You can go for miles on this Santa Cruz Longboard without any problems at all. Except for the normal wear and tear on certain parts like the wheels and bearings, it is pretty long lasting.
Strength & Flex: With a 31 inch wheelbase and 8 ply construction of the deck, the Santa Cruz Lion God Drop Thru Cruzer Freeride Longboard is a strong board. However, there is not much flex to talk of due to the all North American Maple construction of the board’s deck.
Maneuvering & Cornering: The wheels are bigger than an average 70mm but are just as soft at 78a on the durometer. This gives the board a lot of grip. However, the trucks and the entire board is set a bit soft and this gives it incredible carving and maneuvering capabilities.
Replaceable components: As is the case with the most value for money Longboards, it may disappoint enthusiasts. However, that can easily be changed with a slight reconfiguration of this Santa Cruz Longboard. You just have to put in performance bearings, better wheels and you are good to go.
Looks & Styling: This is one aspect where this board matches any Longboard at any price point. The Lion God Rasta graphics are great and look just as great in person as on screen. There is no denying this board is a head turner when you are outside with it. Ten out of ten for looks and styling.
Ride Comfort: With Large 75mm wheels that are soft, this board absorbs almost anything you throw at it. Add that to the width which is 10 inches and almost anyone, even with big feet will feel completely at home with this board.
- The Santa Cruz Lion God Drop Thru Cruzer Freeride Longboard is 40” in length and 10” in width. This gives it the ideal dimension for a learner’s longboard.
- The artwork on the board is metal ink and looks great in person. Undoubtedly the USP of this board.
- This Longboard has got larger wheels than most Longboard that make it ideal for cruising around town.
- This board has got a puny 2” as nose and tail each. This makes it difficult to do any stunts on.
- The wheelbase is a good 31” and the design is Drop Thru, which makes this board close to the ground and very stable.
- Due to the stability, unique Santa Cruz Trucks and the larger wheels, it is very easy to achieve high speeds on this board.
- Weighing at a paltry 7 pounds, this board is very lightweight and easy to carry or store when you are not riding this.
- The Black Santa Cruz grip tape helps in achieving good foothold on the deck.
- The Rasta Lion God graphic art is impeccably beautiful.
- The board has unusually larger wheels for its price.
- The wheels are soft and provide excellent grip at high speeds.
- Given the price, it is a good board to go downhill.
- The bearings will need to be replaced if you want optimum performance.
- Not everyone is going to be satisfied with the build quality of the board as there are some better boards for this price.
- There is little you can do on this longboard in terms of tricks.
How to Use the Santa Cruz Lion God Rasta Drop Thru Cruzer Freeride Longboard
- To go downhill and do any sliding maneuvers on this longboard, which are difficult, get some sliding gloves beforehand.
- The longboard should only be used with someone who knows longboarding if you are going to learn from this board.
- Proper safety gear is of paramount importance. Get knee caps, elbow caps and helmet.
The Santa Cruz Lion God Rasta Drop Thru Cruzer Freeride Longboard is a value for money proposition from a longboard maker that is reputed for its styling and graphics and it doesn’t disappoint in that aspect. However, performance freak will be left wanting. Beginners’ exclusive board, this one!
Incoming search terms:
- longboard santa cruz lion
- santa cruz dropthru skateboarda