What Are The Best Longboards For The Money In 2018
A longboard differs from a skateboard in such a way that the former is longer than the latter. A longboard is also faster because of larger wheel size, is considered to have a more precise hardware, and has rigid construction materials compared to a conventional skateboard. Additionally, longboards are usually of a length that exceeds 36 inches.
Longboards are gaining more popularity from outdoor sports enthusiasts because of the diversity of tricks that can be done using this kind of board. Longboards are getting a lot of attention nowadays as they are used primarily for downhill racing and cruising. We bring you here 5 of the top-selling longboards available on the market today and find out why they are such a magnet for an ultimate experience both for starters and professional skaters across the United States.
Quick Look At Our 5 Best Longboards In 2018
- Quest Super Cruiser “The Original” Artisan Bamboo and Maple Longboard Skateboard (Editor’s Choice)
- Atom Drop Deck Longboard (41-inch)
- Atom Drop-Through Longboard
- VOLADOR 42-inch freeride longboard complete cruiser
- Atom Pin-Tail Longboard (39-inch)
Top Our Pick For Best LongBoards On The Market In 2018
1. Quest Super Cruiser “The Original” Artisan Bamboo and Maple Longboard Skateboard (44-inch)
The Quest Super Cruiser Longboard Skateboard comes in various colors (Purple, Green, and Black). The black one is considered the top choice, not only because of its handsome look. And wait until you find its signature Artisan Bamboo and Maple Deck that is 44 inches long.
Some more than satisfied users of this stunning and durable longboard attested that they utilized this sporting equipment not just for cruising but also when they go to work every day. The reliable bearings (this product uses the Genuine ABEC 7 speed bearings) has low maintenance and can withstand harsh environment any time of the year, hence, it can serve you well beyond your expectations. You can definitely rely on the bearings’ durability.
This “Original” Longboard Skateboard from Quest is highly recommended for beginners which can “go through any crack or bump”. The deck width of 9 inches (the widest curve) is also superb for novices which make balancing easier.
- The multi-ply deck is more rigid and shaped aerodynamically make cruising easier
- Made manually by expert craftsmen so you are assured of its safety and durability
- Aluminum trucks are really large (7-inch diameter) and corrosion-free
- Speed can be easily controlled due to larger diameter of wheels
- Made from lighter materials so 8-10-year-olds (and over) will not have a hard time using this product
- A 230-lb rider can easily use this Quest Longboard without a hitch
- Easy to maneuver because of the aerodynamic design
- Initial purchase does not include All-In-One Skate Tools and the replacement bearings, but they can be bought separately
- Some skaters complained about the trucks that cushion
- Some buyers were astounded finding the bolts and nuts not tight enough. Anyways, better check yours when your package arrived and tighten those loose screws before riding on it.
2. Atom Drop Deck Longboard (41-inch)
Seek by most riders because it is ideally conducive for downhill carving, the Atom Drop Deck Longboard is 41-inch in length. This one hell of a longboard has big wheels and axles which can carry heavy loads, pressures, and stresses associated with the run and tricks. The grip tape is also so effective, gripping is totally tacit wherever you cruise, hence, stability is assured.
This board fits starters in any weight because of rigid and strong construction of the trucks (some riders weighing more than 250lbs and 6’1” tall claimed that this longboard can easily carry them). It has fully laminated maple deck and durable bearings (ABEC 9 type) equipped with heavy-duty lubricants. These bearings have a longer lifespan compared to other brands.
The Atom 41-inch Longboard can drop off all of its opponents really dead!
- The deck is recommended for heavily built skaters who want speed
- Ideal wheel diameter of 245mm (9.6 inches) for faster speed without the bump
- Users will feel the effectiveness of the 80S Griptape used in this product
- Axles have strong construction with bigger diameter for added safety
- Gloss finish with decorative bottom
- A fraction of the price compared to other upscale brands
- Comes complete with basic accessories
- Classified as a Reverse King Pin (RKP) longboard trucks which signify quality
- The bearings need periodic maintenance and lubrication to keep them away from squeaking
- Repair and replacement kits are not included in the purchase but can be had in separate order
- For heavy users, it is advisable to have a ready replacement bearing kit at all times
3. Atom Drop-Through Longboard
The Atom Drop-Through Longboard has a smaller wheel diameter of 5 inches which uses an ABEC 5 type of bearings. Although it has smaller axles, this longboard is still ideal for starting riders without a sense of balance. This “sexy and slim” longboard will give you the edge in gliding and cruise all with its lighter weight.
The deck is constructed with ample amount of flex where dropping from higher altitude creates minimal vibration. Some skaters advice to “lose the trucks a bit especially if you want to carve” to have a nice landing even on rough terrain. This product is also a great gift for loved ones or friends during the holidays or birthday celebrations.
The Atom Drop-Through Longboard is specially designed with Reverse King Pin (RKP) trucks. This longboard has an axle size of 245mm (9.6 inches) and a Super High Rebound (SHR) urethane wheels that is why most greenhorns prefer this brand.
- Comes completely assembled when your package arrives
- Perfect for veteran riders where lightness is needed for aerial and spinning tricks
- Thin deck made from laminated maple
- The wheel size of 5 inches is preferred by more beginners
- Can cruise tight corners with ease and confidence
- Stock parts (such as bushings, trucks, wheels, bearings) don’t need immediate replacement even for heavy users
- A low-maintenance sport equipment
- Handsome look with new generation of graphic design
- Urethane wheels have dimensions of 70X46mm, a perfect size for veteran and novice riders who want free-movement on any surface
- Although totally assembled upon shipping, it is better to check the item and tighten the bolts and nuts with the corresponding tool
- With maximum weight requirement for rider up to 200lbs
- The provided bearings are lubricated with thick grease, expert users recommend to replace it with machine oil for smoother ride
4. VOLADOR 42-inch freeride longboard complete cruiser (drop through deck -camber concave)
As we surf through the reviews, we find the VOLADOR 42-inch Longboard as a perfect transportation means mostly for college and high school students living near their schools. Its 180mm strong hangers and aluminum die-cast trucks are something riders want for reliable cruising even in frigid weather. The wheels are sized accordingly (9-inch) using ABEC 9 bearings.
But other enthusiasts younger than 9 years old and even older find this 42-inch longboard cruiser as stable and strong enough for any ages. In fact, more than dozens of moms attested that they have sons more than 6’ tall (they are definitely older than 17 years old) who enjoyed using this brand. It’s no wonder that this amazing cruiser fits all!
Additionally, the aluminum trucks are equipped with shock absorber providing flexibility at any angle. This brand also offers diverse colors and designs that can fit even young female riders.
- The deck is consists of 8-ply of natural hard rock maple with environment-friendly materials
- High-speed lubricant on bearings make ride smoother with minimal vibration
- First-time owners will find this board user-friendly
- Easier to balance than a pintail
- The artisan design is innovative with its aluminum 7-inch RKP trucks can be adjusted (on a 45 or 50-degree angle)
- Available in classic and even modern looks (pick the one that attracts you most)
- Lightweight with a 9-inch deck width
- Veteran skaters admire the 34-inch wheelbase
- Majority of users found out that this beast has precise timing and reliable responsiveness
- The price is reasonable for its various features and effectiveness
- First-time users may find the wheels to wobble a little bit because of the softness compared to other brands of the same category, but the effect is only temporary
- Changeable wheels much to the liking of owners
5. Atom Pin-Tail Longboard (39-inch)
The Atom Pin-Tail Longboard comes in two delightful colors (Blue Surf and Woody). Most players find the Blue Surf more attractive compared to the Woody color despite the identical features. Moreover, the blue one, aside from being more cost-effective, has beautiful graphic design and more attractive.
On its durability and quality, the Atom Pin-Tail 39-inch unquestionably has them both. This Pin-tail shaped board is great for cruising and can serve well both professionally and starting surfers.
This product is truly amazing which can be both used by young and adult skaters.
- The wheel has 5-inch diameter using ABEC 5 type of bearings
- You can change the bearing size up to a 7-inch type if you wish
- The deck is made from laminated maple with glossy finish
- The grip tape fully covered the deck for convenient riding
- Beginners will find this Atom brand a delightful blend of beauty (with decorative decals to boot) and durability
- Just right for primary graders, high school students, and even college students may find the board a good form of transport from home to campus (and vice versa)
- Wheels are made from of urethane plastic that does not easily scratch
- This longboard has long life than other boards of its type with proper maintenance
- With shorter trucks but the board is provided with risers which can be used by riders if they prefer
- At 39-inch, the size may be intimidating for taller riders
There you have it, skaters and proud parents of responsible riders! Our list of 5 Best Longboards currently sweeping the craze will give you some ideas on how to pick the right one for you or your loved ones. This sporting activity will keep your kids away from the sedentary lifestyle, especially the proliferation of electronic gadgets (such as mobile phones, computers, video games, etc.) that make them inactive and couch potatoes.
Investing a little amount of time and money for your children’s health is definitely priceless. Even young individuals or professionals have now the chance to shift gear and pack their longboards for a changing lifestyle for better health. But our discussion does not end here.
All brands are conducive for beginners and pros alike, while some brands have two or more colors to choose from, the Atom Drop-Through Longboard has the most vivid colors and design graphics.
All of these products have durable materials but with different sizes of wheels and trucks. Hence, they have different speeds which, depending on the skills of the rider, one of the boards should be perfect for one’s need and expertise. But the one that captures our imagination is the Atom Drop-Through Longboard and which we highly recommend both for beginners and expert riders. Your investment will be truly worth every penny for this product.
As professional longboarders always say, there is no wrong or right deck for willing and learning surfboarders. Even if we have shown you the 5 Top Longboards to hit the market, there is one that excels above the rest. Our choice for the Atom Drop-Through Longboard as the finest of them all speak for itself!
I’m interested to hear which best longboard for the money you end up going with – let’s get a discussion going in the comments here and if you enjoyed this article, please share on social media!