Atom Drop Through Longboard Review
Longboards evolved from the interbreeding of skateboarders and speed-maniacs. The resulting longboards then changed into various shapes and sizes. One of them was the Drop-Through design that really got off in the 90s. Atom has taken their time to perfect a Drop-Through Longboard that is stable at high speeds and provides a satisfying experience for its customers. Atom Drop-Through Longboard is an attractive proposition, especially if you are looking for excellent stability and grip.
Benefits & Advantages:
Affordable: The Atom Drop-Through Longboard is on the cheaper side of the price spectrum and offers great value for money. The quality on offer for this price largely remains unmatched.
Longevity: The board is made of 7 layers of ply and hence the board is pretty sturdy in terms of survival. It is made to survive a few bumps.
Strength & Flex: The 7-layers of the ply make this board a fairly strong one. However, more of its benefits are in terms of the great flex. It makes the longboard unsuitable for hefty people.
Maneuvering & Cornering: Due to the great amount of flex and soft wheels rated 78a on the durometer, the board is splendid at Maneuvering. The Atom Drop-Through Longboard is great to carve but is a bad choice for uphill.
Replaceable Components: The Atom Drop-Through Longboard is a cheap board by all means. Though not all parts confirm to that declaration, the bearing certainly do. They are not as free to roll as expected and should be replaced for better performance.
Looks & Styling: The board is available in a number of colors and the design is attractive. Gives a false sense of racing strips. Aluminium-Oxide tape grip is good as well. The board lacks any proper kicks and is hard to do tricks.
Ride Comfort: The Atom Drop-Through Longboard comes with a concave that stretches from truck-to-truck and edge to edge. This provides lots of grip for your feet. The soft wheels are comfortable at bumps and cracks. Not suitable for very high speeds due to a lack of rigidity.
- It is designed to keep the rider closer to the ground. Thus increasing stability.
- Especially designed cuts for tires allow to remove any concern for wheel bite.
- The bearings are only rated at ABEC 5 and would need to be replaced for respectable performances.
- The wheels on the Atom Drop-Through Longboard have round lips, which allows it to break into slides.
- The dimensions are ideal for an intermediate board with 9.5 inches in width and 41.5 inches in length. Plenty of room for a good grip of feet on the deck.
- It is a very lightweight Longboard, weighing just under eight pounds.
- It comes with a one-year limited warranty that secures it against any manufacturing defects.
- The board has a wheelbase in excess of 33-inches. It is therefore very stable at high speeds.
- Due to seven ply configuration, the Atom Drop-Through Longboard has great flex.
- The board is set low and has high grip due to soft wheels.
- Has an overall concave shape with good grip shape for a comfortable
- Good for downhill activities.
- Lots of flex, perhaps too much for a complete board.
- It is not suitable for excessively heavy
- It is not suitable for professionals and experienced riders due to lack of any kicks or other trick helping enhancements.
- The bearings are not of the best quality and need to be replaced.
How to Use the Atom Drop-Through Longboard
- It is good for downhill and can be used as such.
- Proper safety gear is necessary for a safe longboard experience. Get sliding gloves if you want to slide on this board.
- Tighten or loosen the trucks according to your needs.
YOU CAN VIEW MORE CUSTOMER REVIEWS AT HERE
The Atom Drop-Through Longboard is a great board for beginners with some superb abilities that suit beginners. Those looking to do tricks with it will be disappointed and should invest in a more costly longboard. Beginners rejoice!