Atom Drop Through Longboard (40 inches) Review
Longboarding is a fun thing to do. No matter what your age or occupation. It is tough to choose a longboard that satisfies all the needs of different longboard styles. It is even harder to make a longboard that does so. However, Atom Longboards managed this unfathomable task with some oomph in the new Atom Drop through Longboard. Today, we will review about this the best longboards for the money. Go ahead!!
It has the length that you would ideally want. The lightness, the angle of reverse kingpins as well as the strength and flex in its deck. Concave and width of the deck complete the check box test for this longboard.
Benefits & Advantages of this longboard:
Competitive Pricing: The Atom Drop Through Longboard isn’t the lightest on the pocket. However, it provides the perfect bang for its buck. You won’t rue the price for the quality of the component that it buys you.
Longevity: As one of the boards that uses a mix of maple and bamboo, it is quite a lasting longboard. You will certainly get a lot of longboarding for the price you pay for this Atom Drop Through Longboard.
Strength & Flex: This board is made up of seven layers of maple wood in addition to two laminates of bamboo. The Maple wood provides huge amounts of strength to the deck while bamboo lends some strength of its own in addition to the characteristic flex.
Maneuvering & Cornering: The Atom Drop Through Longboard comes out of the box with some seriously tight trucks. All you need to need to do is loosen them a bit and you are ready for a great handling board that turns on a dime.
Replaceable Components: There are several parts that an enthusiast expects to be great. On this board, the bearings may leave such enthusiasts wanting. However, once replaced with a great aftermarket bearing that cost near $15, you are all set for some great action.
Looks & Styling: The Atom Drop Through Longboard is a board that may not be exciting in performance terms for enthusiasts, but it certainly has great looks. The heat transferred attractive graphics are sick and get a lot of admiring glances from onlookers.
Ride Comfort: At 40 inches in length and 10 inches in width, there is not much you can ask for. The board is great to put your feet on and just go on riding and cruising. Even for people with the biggest of feet, this board is a blessing with its broad deck and comfortable concave. Needless to say, the grip is excellent too.
- Atom Drop-Through Longboard skateboard is one of the most appreciated Atom Longboards. It has been designed with a lot of user input. People like you and me have contributed to its development.
- The board uses a combination of maple wood and bamboo. This makes the deck strong and durable for all weathers.
- The attractive design of outer laminate bamboo is heat transfer and does not fade away quickly. Very pleasing to the eyes.
- The great dimensions of this board are a huge pro for this board. It is made for an easy and comfortable ride. It measures 40” by 10” length by width.
- The angle of the baseplate of the trucks to the deck is a mere 40-degrees. This increases the stability of the board even at high speeds or during other difficult maneuvers.
- Despite its considerable length, it is pretty lightweight and indeed very easy to carry and store in a college locker.
- Asked to describe this board, a customer was quoted as saying: “Not too long, and not too short. Perfect.”
- Ideal to cruise on though can adapt to other purposes with a few replacements for bearings and trucks.
- The wheels are soft rated at 78a and considerable large, thus absorb most of the shocks from the road. However, wheel bite may be a minor concern.
How to use Atom Drop Through Longboard
- Don’t try a lot of hill bombing with this board as it is not good for such speeds.
- Proper safety gear is crucial. Get helmets, kneecaps and elbow caps before you start.
- For better performance, you can use better wheels, trucks, and bearings.
1.Which user base does the Atom Drop Through Longboard target?
All of them. There’s a reason it’s called a jack of all trades. Cruise, carve, and to some extent downhill can all be done on this board.
Is this going to break easily?
Not unless you put it beneath a heavy car. It can handle light abuse, but that is not suggested.
Must I replace anything out of the box?
No. You will be completely fine with the out of the box configuration. Only advanced longboard users need to replace parts of the Atom Drop Through Longboard.
The Atom Drop Through Longboard, at 40 inches of length is an ideal mid-level longboard. When you are looking for an all-rounder, it can’t get much better than this. Price to features ratio is excellent.