When Should You Assemble A Longboard Yourself And When You Shouldn’t
There are a lot of people who advocate the case for making a longboard right in your own garage. You know, by assembling all the components together after diligently purchasing them separately. They have a point and you might already be convinced about it.
However, we will make it easier for you to decide by telling you the pros and cons of making a longboard all by yourself. Also, we will put forward the case of completely built longboards as well.
MAKING IT YOURSELF
- You get to make the board of your dreams.
- You can customize everything from the wheels down under, the trucks in between and the deck on top.
- You can adjust your budget in accordance with the price of components. You can set aside more money for the parts you deem important and save some on other less important components.
- You get to make the board that suits the style of longboarding you want to pursue. This is the best thing with the choices you get to make.
- You can give no manufacturer warranties to yourself, unlike when you buy a longboard that’s ready to ride. It’s every man for himself, as the saying goes.
- You are going to spend a lot of time looking for the best parts that fit your criteria. While buying a longboard off the shelf involves confusion, you have just multiplied it many times over here. Factor in the number of shops you have to visit to make informed choices on every component and the whole thought of it becomes baffling.
- When a brand, say Atom or Sector Nine makes the longboards on a large scale, they achieve economies of scale. This makes the business profitable for them. On the other hand, your one off project might end up costing you much higher than a comparable completely built product.
- In case of buying a completely built longboard, all you ever need is a skate tool. In making one yourself, on the other hand, you might end up buying things that don’t work well with each other, thereby wasting even more money.
WHY WE DON’T WANT YOU TO MAKE IT YOURSELF
Apart from all the reasons listed above, we want to make sure that you don’t waste your time on making something that is already available in the market.
- All of the longboards in our catalogue are of the highest quality. They are tried and tested products. You will know that thousands of people have purchased, experienced and trusted the longboards that we encourage you to buy.
- Many of these longboard come with a warranty against manufacturing defects. It’s like insurance that you don’t have to pay for.
- There is absolutely no advantage in making a longboard yourself. Apart from the pride and satisfaction that you may or may not get, there is no USP.
- Any longboard that you buy through us is completely customizable. You want harder wheels to go faster? Sure. You want ceramic bearings for the best performance? You will get it. Want new grip tape for the deck? Hell Yeah! You see, everything can be changed without much effort. Save yourself some time and go for a branded longboard with lots of good reviews, you will barely go wrong.
- The choice in completely built longboards is enormous. Whether it’s the wheels, the decks, the bearings or the price point as well.
Now you know the pros and cons of making a longboard by yourself. Unless you plan to start a company, which would be cool, you know what we suggest. We are strongly on the band that supports completely built longboards and you already know why.
Just have a look at some of the best longboards we have reviewed and choose the one that suits your needs.